Google+ Nine Red: Better Bookshelves

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Better Bookshelves

I saw another bookshelf today in color order, and it just reminded me how much a little reorganizing can change the entire look of a shelf. Sure there are those who this kind of organizing drives INSANE... but if you think you can handle it, I think you should definitely do it.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything, but to my surprise, I usually remember what the book looks like - and have been able to find the book i'm looking for pretty easily.
 Your shelves can go from ordinary to extraordinary in a matter of hours. How to tackle this? Just pull those books off, put them in color piles, and try to organize each section by hue. For example, notice how the green isn't just green... the similar greens stick together, and slowly fade to the neighboring color. I'm not going to lie, this takes a lot of time, so put on a favorite movie & a pair of sweats, you're in for the night!

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter & of course, Email

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, no, no, no. I could never do this. My books have to be by a) language and b) author. Though I have to admit I've been failing miserably in the second category...

    - Jazz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic