Google+ Nine Red: Easy Honey and Soy Chicken Thighs

Friday, February 15, 2013

Easy Honey and Soy Chicken Thighs

Need an easy but amazing chicken recipe?  Look no further.  We had some friends over a few nights ago, and I tried out a recipe I saw on Pinterest, Honey & Soy Chicken Thighs.  They came out sooo good! I had to share this so that you can make it tonight! Or this weekend I guess...
So Easy. You make the marinade, let it sit, and toss it all in the oven later.  I had all the ingredients on hand, including the thighs, which have quickly moved up the ladder on my favorite meats list.  The full recipe can be found on Pin Recipes.  The side dish was also the easiest thing on the planet, if you can boil water you can make it.  (full details after the break)
They are harvest grains from Trader Joe's. You could do this with any grain or pasta though, I like this stuff because it's a blend of cous-cous, orzo, lentils and some seed I don't recognize, haha. Mine was all cooked up with tomatoes & Parmesan cheese.  That always goes over well.  Here's what I did, and since I'm Italian, I hardly ever measure, I just throw things around until they look & taste right.

  1. Throw about 3 cups of chicken broth in a pan. 
  2. Toss a can of stewed tomatoes in, juice and all. easy. 
  3. Scoop a little butter or drizzle olive in the broth.
  4. Cover it. Boil it. 
  5. Dump the bag of grains in.
  6. Simmer for about 10 minutes, covered - remove the lid & if it's still soupy, simmer with the lid off until it's not so soupy. 
  7. Throw it all into a bowl, stir in some salt, pepper, & parmesan until it tastes good to you.  
  8. Add whatever if you want. Herbs. Basil. Rosemary, it will all be good I promise.  I bet it would be killer with curry!
That's it really. I did all of it (which was easy) while the chicken was in the oven and I was sipping on some wine by the fire with friends. Just set the timer & that was that.  Add a salad to this meal or some sauteed vegetables, delicious!  Cooking is a lot easier than it sounds.

Got any new favorite recipes you've been toyin' with? Share them in the comments section, I love trying new foods. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

     -Jesse

Up Next: We're Givin' Shi*t Away!  Sorry for the cussies, it's exciting.

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter & of course, Email.

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious!! Yes, you cook like your momma, the Italian way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic